28 September 2012

Duo - Colour Nails

My cousin came over and asked if I could do her nails, she wanted them to be two colours and bold. So that's what I did! 

Equipment:
- Base coat
- 3 different coloured nail polishes (I used green, yellow and
  burgundy).
- Black striper pen (optional)
- Topcoat


Step 1:

Prep your nails using your favourite base coat and then using your first nail polish (in my case I used green) paint two coats.


base coat green nail art duo-colour nail art two colour nail art using black striper pen

 

Step 2:

Take your second colour and paint half of the nail with a curve shape. I used this same colour on every other nail and chose a different colour for the rest of them. You could have the same colour on each nail or different colours on every nail - it's up to you! If you have longer nails you may want to use 3 different colours on each one, just make each section slightly smaller.


two colour nail art design green yellow red curved

Step 3:

This step is optional, my cousin chose not to have it, however to add a little bit more detail you can use your black striper and follow the curve to separate out the two colours.

Step 4:

To complete your design add a coat of your favourite topcoat to help set the nail polish.


duo-colour nail art green yellow red curved simple nail art for beginners and short nails


Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you give it a go! Any questions you have I will be happy to answer :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment